Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new sequence number after refresh report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Feb 5, 2008
DK
Is it possible to add a unique number after each refreshment
to my report ? Crystal report version 8.5

You can show the date and time, found on Special Fields in the Field Explorer. Does that help?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

PS. You used the wrong icon, news and it is a question.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

date and time is an option . How can i generate the sequence number in crystal 10 ?

One way is to create or buy a UFL that can write/read to an ini file. Then, create a formula that reads the value from the ini file, increments it by 1, writes the new value to the ini file, and displays it.

For a list of 3rd-party Crystal tools, see:
My "CUT Light" UFL provides this type of functionality with 2 of its functions: GetINIValue() & SetINIValue().

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

You can use a date / time to sequence, something like
Code:
ToText({your.date}, "yyyyMMddHHmmss")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back