Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New "PATCH" available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendor
Jan 7, 2004
US
ACS R7 one time upgrade card to fix system losing programing when system is powered down even with batteries installed.

Available thru Avaya tech support only.

Also they are atempting to put all fixes for the ACS R7 on one maintenance release and have it available thru EFlash Tools.(T-1,remote call forward,program loss......) Still testing .

Hi 1043,
It's been a while for me. I am just about to try and flash a VS-R5 through an ACS R6 using Eflash tools. This is for an R7 system.

Can I use the flash card (backup, restore, modem) for it's original purpose if I erase it once I'm done? I'm sure it'll go smoothly, I'm just looking for the details no one will tell you.

-Chris

I'm told that it will be available through the business partner portal in a couple of weeks, but I'm not familiar with EFlash. Do I download the software onto my own PCMCIA Flash card? If so, how large of a card do I need?

I guess I'd better get my SSO number into gear.

After speaking with Tech support, you need a green or yellow ACS backup/restore card. Erase it, flash and verify. Then you stick it into the voicemail and power up. When the smoke clears, turn the power off and reinsert the original card.

Now, if it works. I should know by Tuesday. The program is already loaded in my laptop and it does identify cards.

-Chris

We performed the "upgrade/patch" from Avaya tech support on several ACS R7's and the problem still persists. I hope the version they put on the EFLASHTOOLS works better.

Hi 1043,
I'll let you know.

Problem: The Partner Mail VS R5 does not initialize with the R7 uP at all. It powers up, flashes the light, then the light goes out. It works fine with a Partner plus R4.1 on the test bench in the same carrier. I now have a 206E between it and the uP. Ideas?

-Chris

That fix works. The one about R7 losing programming after loss of power doesn't.Also the R7 fix for remote call forward not disconnecting after call, takes away the ability to turn privacy on or off manually. Avaya really amazes me sometimes.

And me as well.
I still have to say that the little Partner is one of my favorite systems. I hope they don't spoil it.

-Chris

Hi All,
I'm still fighting with this thing. The card programs, but the voicemail seems not to take.

-Chris

Hi itphoneguy,
I have had the same problem as well and was told about the patch from tech support also. As it turned out I didn't have to go that route because I found I had an upgrade card that was sent to dealers some time back. The Comcode is 108629106. I don't know if you can still get it or not but it is a reuseable card. It upgrades the PMVS R5 to 5.0.16. It was originally for curing port lockup problems,night menu*7 problems and DOA red flashing LED problems. Once I upgraded my PMVS R5 with this the R7 processor would communicate with it.
Good Luck!

Hi tbw,
The current release level for PM VS 5 is 5.021. Since we are in Canada, we did not get the 5.016 upgrade card. I liked it better when we were direct with Avaya.

All,
The voice mail accepted the upgrade, but the ACS R7 still does not recognise the unit. Now I am told to install a Partner Mail, then try the VS 5 again. I must say that this procedure is a pain in the ***. I'm waiting for a PM R7 from the office now. I'll post the results again whatever the outcome.

-Chris

Hi All,
I think this (5.021) is a bust. I have tried everything and it's still a no go. Tried every slot in the cabinet (filling empties with 206 cards). I'll let you know what Avaya has to say next. I am waiting for tech support to return my call.

-Chris

Hi All,
I did get the PM VS R5 working properly. It is necessary to use an ACS R3 to R6 to flash the voice mail unit. With the R2, the voice mail appeared to accept the program, and did report the correct revision level. I did use an ACS R4 to re-flash the voice mail. There was no problem after that step. The voice mail began to work as soon as I replaced the ACS R4 with an ACS R7.

So, the problem appears to be solved.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back