Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New question 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

candrews11

Programmer
Apr 28, 2004
US
Not sure how to do this on Nortel but I figure its simple.

One of the secretaries heres wants to have two extensions forward to after 4 rings if the person at the originating extension doesn't pick up.

How can I do this without destroying the voicemail pickup??

I will be glad to help but you will have to clarify what you are wanting to do

Yes I realize that came out bad.

Here is what they would like to be able to do:

DN 5400/7400

Right an incoming call hits 5400 than 7400, than 6888(VoiceMail).

I'm wondering if there is a way to have the phone ring on 5400, than 7400 than go to 4500 (secretary phone) if she doesn't pick it up than voicemail for the originating extension.

no - you could set 7400 to fdn back to 5400 but then you would just be in a circular fdn and never get to voice mail

I figured that was going to be the response.

I just made the DN's additional line appearances on her station.

The other way you can do this is to set the fdn to go to 4500 (the secretary). then make sure the sec. phone is set to fdn to 6888(voicemail). Put Sfa in the cls of 5400 and the call will ring at 5400 then go to the secretary and when it goes to voicemail if the sec. does not answer the the voicemail will see the original dialed digits and send it to mailbox 5400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back