Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapomarc

Programmer
Aug 21, 1999
CA
Visit site
hey I'm a college student and i'm interested in learing assembly, but i have no Idea wear to start i've read a few of the previous posts asking for help but most of them expect you to know something already and i know nothing! Where whould i start from the Beggining?

It depends on what you are trying to do, but the way I learned was to pick up a commercial distribution of Turbo Assembler (Borland) and it came with a bunch of books. There's tutorials in the front as well as quick reference manuals to Just give you a quick push when you know what you're doing. Otherwise, there's a million on-line tutorials, because the basics assembly have been the same for years. Try searching astalavista.box.sk for quick and dirty tutorials.

Lapo-<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm also just getting started in assembler; (will be buying my stuff as soon as I get my tax refund back ;) But I do know that you can get Borland's Assembler distrib. a LOT cheaper frow <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> it's a web site that specializes in selling software @ student prices...if you have a valid student ID & class schedule you chould have no problem getting some NICE mark-downs :) <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= shared.freeservers.com/searchmaster.html>SearchMaster Interface...11-in-1</a><br>Wanting to learn Assembler; please e-mail me any tutorials or links for it that are useful to you :)

Lapo-<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Even better; shoot me an e-mail if you're still interested & I'll send you a .txt file describing several of the various ASM assemblers, IDEs, etc that I've downloaded over the last 2 days & let you pick out which ones you want me to send you for downloading ;) <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= shared.freeservers.com/searchmaster.html>SearchMaster Interface...11-in-1</a><br>Wanting to learn Assembler; please e-mail me any tutorials or links for it that are useful to you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back