Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Products and Accounting Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBTBILL

Programmer
May 1, 2000
US
Would be interested in hearing reviews on any new products written in VFP and any accounting products written in VFP.

Bill Couture

Hi Bill,

I have developed a VFP7 accounting application. It is scheduled for release later this year, but is very functional now. If your interested and have time you can download a 30 demo/beta at:

Thanks Leland F. Jackson, CPA
Software - Master (TM)
Nothing Runs Like the Fox

Bill,

I can't give you a review, but the Opera accounting system, published by Pegasus, is one of the market-leaders, and is written in Visual Foxpro.

I don't have any further details to hand, but you should be able to find it in a web search.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

Hi agit72,

I recently changed my web address in connection with an upgrade to Apache 2.0. My web site now uses the traditional port 80 with URL at:

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

LelandJ

Leland F. Jackson, CPA
Software - Master (TM)
Nothing Runs Like the Fox

Hi Bill,
I have developed an Income tax Computation software with ready to file tax returns in VFP6. Will be releasing the 3rd version this year. You will be able to download a completly functional package from in a couple of weeks. Currently the site tells about the previous 2 versions.

S.H.

Bill,
I switched to SBT Pro when 2k rolled around. Using it in a small firm with three workstations. Found it to be very reliable and quick provided you use fast machines and switches. Havent tried it yet over the vpn or citrex. One needs professional help to change it:)

Joe

If anyone wants a review of Pegasus Opera then I should be able to help, just ask.

TO White605 I've been programming and selling SBT (ACCPAC) since 88. I agree with you. However, always looking for competors as I sell several other accounting packages and write a couple myself.

Bill Couture

SBTBILL,

IAS Visual Advance and Visual AccountMate were both written in Visual Foxpro. You can request a free demo.

Peping

Well, here is my 2 cents:

is written in VFP and they won the 1999 Visual FoxPro excellence award.

The package has got an integrated System Development Kit for VAR's to add their functionality (new functionality, db tables/fields/adjusted screens etc.).

HTH,

Weedz (Edward W.F. Veld)
My private project:Download the CrownBase source code !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back