Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Problem with E-mail from Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxHead

Technical User
May 6, 2001
US
I set up a database on twenty-five computers in various locations throughout the Chicago area. It's for a contest.

I used the sendObject method on command buttons for users to submit questions as well as the updated tables.

Half way through writing a nasty message to the various scorekeepers condemning them for not sending in the updates, I received a page from one of them wanting to verify that I had received his scores from the previous two weeks. I had not.

It seems that most of the computers being used for the scorekeeping are shared workstations. The individual users have their e-mail set up on the web so Outlook has never been set up on the machine.

Is there any way for Access to find this and send the files?

Or, short of that...

Help!!!!

BoxHead

I've only ever used Outlook to send mails with access.
These are used on workstations that are shared but each user has a outlook profile of their own - the sendobject either uses outlook if its open with that user or prompts for profile and login.
What are you using to create / send the mails?
If they are internet accounts you could in theory set up outlook to do the same but set up profiles for the different users.

Send me the details of what you have working / platform specs etc. and I'll have a look.

Cheers.
Seán.
cichlid000@hotmail.com

Sean,

I talked to the tech support people about what you said and they offered to set up the scorekeepers' email in Outlook instead of the Web.

Thank you, so much.

BoxHead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back