Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New PRI T1's TN464 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbeaver18

Technical User
Apr 30, 2001
US
We just installed 4 PRI T1's. Three of them are TN767's and work fine. The fourth is on a TN464 that we just bought and won't come up. We have a G3si v10. If I swap one of the 767's with the 464 the problem follows the 464. Do I have a bad card or do you have to do something different for the 464? Any help appreciated. Thanks
Beav

The TN464 is capable of supporting the North American 23B+1D configuration (1.544) as well as the global 30B+2D configuration (2.xx). These are selected via dip switches on the board. Make sure that they are set for 24 channels.
The switch administration is the same for either board.

Kevin

Do you have any idea where you find the dip switches? I've had 3 people look at this board and can't find a thing. TIA

Never mind I found it! That wasn't the problem, it was set to 24 ch, but thanks for the reply. I'm going to assume a bad board and get it replaced.

On the 464, the switch is on the chip side directly behind the bantam jacks. There are two slide switches in the switch. The switch may be off white in color and on the circuit board is has two designations on each side of the switch, 24CH on one side and 32CH on the other.

Hope this helps.

KG

What is the year on the serial number? We found a bad run of TN464GP's on a major roll out last year.

smoody-
It's a tn464f v14 the serial number starts with 98dr so I assume the year is 98???

If u swap the cards and the trunk comes up, then that means that u have the card administered as 767 in the pbx and needs to be administered as the 464

If I understand this correctly, you have installed four DS1 cards and configured them as one PRI trunk group. I know that the 767 DS1 cards require another support card to support the use of a D channel link from the system processor under some conditions. The 464 doesn't need this extra card.

Now for the problem you are having. It sounds as if you put the 767 cards as the first three in the group and the 464 as the last card and that you have the group configured as an NFAS (Non-Facility Associated Signaling). If you use a mixture of DS1 card types in an NFAS arrangement the 464 has to be setup to support the primary and secondary D-channels and the remaining cards can be either type as long as they are setup without a d-channel. The signaling mode in the DS1 form would be set to 'isdn-ext'.

I would contact denver with the serial numbers, because only they have the exact range of serial numbers that were bad.

Well, got a replacement tn464f and still the same problem. I have 4 pri-t1's each with there own D channel so I have s signaling group for each set up as FAS(facility assoc. signaling) The 3 T's that are tn767e's work fine. The T on the 464f won't bring up the D channel. I've moved cards around and the problem follows the tn464f, So I know all 4 T1's are okay. Any ideas??? TIA

Did you find a solution to the TN464F issue? I am having a similar problem.

jaiello,

No never did find the answer. I swapped the 464 for another tn767 and everything worked fine.

Are you saying you have 4 separate D channels.

Are all of these boards and PRI's in the same signal group?
Are they provisioned for NFAS?

I doubt it is the board but sounds like a configuration problem.

Yup 4 seperate D channels. Not my preference, but that's what was ordered and what I had to work with.

4 seperate signal groups set up as FAS

Everything working on 4 TN767. Couldn't get it to work on 3 TN767 and 1 TN 464.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back