Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Premises and need some help with iDSX-s system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProgressiveMatt

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2010
GB
Hi there,
I am the in house IT guy for a small company and I seem to have inherited communications as my department too. we have just bought a new site which has(what I can work out from documentation) a iDSX-s system. My boss has asked me to find out if this system would be usful to us or whether we should just install a new system(probably some BT thing or other).

So what I am wanting to know really is the basics of how to communicate with it so I can find out some details and the possibility of being able to program it myself. I currently maintain our Nortel BCM400 system and I have a background in programming but generally in software development so not sure I will be up to the task.

Regards

Matt

just as an update, i got in touch with the company who used to support the system so below is a list of all the kit we have incase it helps :-

MAINTENANCE OF ISDX-S TELEPHONE SYSTEM
ISDX 4 CHANNEL I/F SPM CARD
ISDX INTERFACE 3 CARD
ISDX 16 CHANNEL EXTN CARD
ISDX 30 CHANNEL DLI
2 PORT OPERATORS INTERFACE

hope you can help

Matt

iSDX 300 S = stored program control TDM telephone system

orginally made by Plessey, then GPT ( Gec Plessey Telecommunications ), now 'owned' by siemens enterprise communications ltd

Still supported by siemens provided you are running the latest software level ( i believe current s/ware is 9.4.001, with rls 10 due next year

Going by the cards listed by your maintenance provider it looks as though you are running mostly analogue telephones ( like your home phone ) along with at least one operator console. Incomming lines ( trunks ) look to be a mixture of analogue ( SPM interface in your list ) and PCM digital ( 30 channel dli )

With regard to management and programming all isdx's should have what is known as a 'V.24 box' in the vicinity of the system, this resembles a domestic mains power outlet, but with three DB25 'd' connectors on it. Port 1 is the maintenance port and the one you should use for interogating the system.

The V.24 is the serial/RS232 interface for communicating with the system, and you will need a computer with a serial port on it to 'talk' to the system. You can use windows hyperterminal as emulation software . Usual settings are 9600,8,n,1. On succesfull conection you will be presented with what is known as the 'system software header'. If you get this far, post the contents of the header here and i will assist you further.

All the best, and good luck.

Thanks for the reply Pablo,
I will do a bit of research and try and make up a comms cable and I will let you know what i find out.

Cheers

Matt

~blished Work. Copyright Siemens plc.
All rights reserved.
DX SDHMR1153 47156.01 01.011
7.1.002 0001000 UK 13 29/05/02 A M 079
02/01/00 04:24:16

OSL, PLEASE.
?

does that help pablo?

i also found a level 2 and level 3 OSL if that helps.

cheers

Matt

good, enter the osl in the following format:

OSL ( return )
02 ( return ) lock level
00 ( return ) user level
xxxxxxxxxx ( return ) security key

you should then get the ? prompt

At the ? prompt type in LET A followed by return to list off the hardware error table, showing any hardware faults on the system, and post here for anlysis.

some more commands to try as well:

LEX A list extension number all
LTK A list trunks all
LTMG A list trunk main groups ( with access codes )
LSLT A C list slot config all, shows what is programmed on each slot
LPG A list pick-up groups

follow the link for more commands:

all the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back