Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New POS Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

annacat

Programmer
Jul 2, 2002
US
Hi, We are looking at implementing a POS for a liquor/ package store and possibly add the bar sales portion later later. Any recommendations? Looked at Rocket, Win EZ, Biztracker online. We are simple and not needing complicated setup, just credit card, setup discounts, basic inventory reports, and the ability to use bar code swiping. Thanks.

Catapult by ECRS at the high end.
Keystroke may be your answer.
Microsft makes a retail product.
Retail Pro is popular also.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

QuickBooks POS is pretty popular. You can download a demo from the QuickBooks website.

If you use QuickBooks, QuickBooks POS will integrate very easily.

Visit my website at

Rocket is probably the easiest to use of the list you have been looking at. Not a great solution for large installs, but for a small liquor store, an ideal solution. I don't think any of those would be helpful for the bar portion, however.

We use Infinity POS within our liquor store. It has been very stable and quite easy to use thus far.

I'm not sure if it would be useful in the bar portion or not....I'm thinking it won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back