Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Phone Service Cutover Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneguy09

Programmer
Mar 22, 2013
US
Hey there, just was wondering if anyone has any general tips on performing a cutover from one dial tone provider to another. I am uncertain of the current provider but I know they are changing over to WindStream. This is gonna be the first time I am doing a cutover and just wanted to ask this group if there are any main things to look out for or make sure to have with me for this cutover. Thank you all for your help.

If you are using the same settings ie: esf,fdl ect. It should be plug and play. Their may be changes to the way digits are received or need to be sent, but the WindStream techs will work well with you. I have cut over several circuits with them and found them very helpful is a problem does arise. Pdfs of the doc's for your system on hand is a good thing, so you can find the prompt you are looking for isn't there in your mind when you need it. LOL Good luck.

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back