Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New PC Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeBodge

Programmer
Oct 18, 2002
GB
Just fitted the mobo in the case and came to wire it up according to the manual. The diagram has marked two power led's to be connected to two different connectors (JFP1+JFP2). From the case all I have is a single pin "power led -" and a "power led +", any ideas where they go. Mobo is a MSI KM2M Combo L (MS-6738) and the case is JNC 4JA 8850.

Any help would be real good

LeBodge.

"I know what I like and I like what I know"

Well, they go right next to each other. The manual should indicate polarity, but if it doesn't don't worry about it - it's just an led so if it doesn't work just switch them.

<?legalstuff
The above is my opinion only and should not be construed as the opinion of my employer.
?>

Thx for the reply,

I understand it dosen't matter, for me a could leave them off anf if I can hear the fan running I know the PC is on!!

But, I'm going to be building quite a few of these so I would like to get it right for the customers.

From the manual it says Power Led pins 2+4 on JFP1 and also Power Led on 1+5 on JFP2, I only have two single cables with the &quot;+&quot; and &quot;-&quot; and not four as the manual seems to think.

Pin 2 on JFP1 says - MSG LED pull-up
Pin 4 on JFP1 says - MSG LED pull-up
Pin 1 on JFP2 says - GND
Pin 5 on JFP2 says - PLED

Anyone?

LeBodge.

&quot;I know what I like and I like what I know&quot;

Based on the information you've provided I would use pin 1 for the PWR LED minus and pin 5 for the PWR LED plus

Reading that board's manual, looks like both connections provide the same led function. The one that spans 3 pins is the old standard that practically every case uses. The other spans 2 pins and is put there because intel is trying to push a standard in pin placement and that's the specified layout.

Most cases use the older, mainstream style and MSI just decided to offer both options.

So I believe you're describing a case where the power led cable, the connections to the motherboard are separated. In this case, you can either place them on the 2 pins of JFP1 or on the 2 outer pins of JFP2 (skipping over the middle).

Thanks all for your help.

LeBodge.

&quot;I know what I like and I like what I know&quot;

I have just bought the ASUS P4C800 Deluxe mobo and a Xaser III case. I am having problems identifying where the lead from the main power button on the case, connects to the motherboard? The manual only speaks of the power LED. Is this the same lead or should there be another one?
I cant get the system to boot coz I think the lead from the main switch is not connecting to the mobo in the right place.

any ideas please!

Peter2003a, according to page 2-33 of ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/P4C800E-DX/e1347b_p4c800-e_deluxe.pdf, they should be the 6th & 7th pins from the left on the bottom row of your system panel connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back