Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New page occures after each group record changes. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeAway

Programmer
Jun 6, 2003
AE
Hi Experts,

Hopefully a quick one this.
My report contains a single group by section. I group by a job number and then display all the details for that job. Nothing spectacular. The report has the following sections with details
Report Header **
Page Header - New page before / after are NOT ticked.
Group Header - New page before / after are NOT ticked.
Details - New page before / after are NOT ticked.
Group Footer - New page before / after are NOT ticked.
Page Footer **
Report Footer **

** means that its ticked but greyed out so i cant access it.

Problem is that when i print whenever the job number changes it prints a new page. But it will print the entire job number details on as many pages as it needs, but as soon as the job number changes it starts a new page.

please help.

Uncheck the new page before on everything except the group header, and add to the new page before formula (click X 2) something like:

not(onlastrecord)

Note that you didn't mention what you want, a common curiousity here, just what you don't want...

By checking the new page before, you get "job number details on as many pages as it needs, but as soon as the job number changes it starts a new page". What is it that you want?

When posting, consider posting example data and expected output.

-k

It seems to me that you have your Keep Group Together options checked on. Check your section editor, and Change Group Option, and deactivate them as necessary.

Then apply the NewPageBefore with Not OnLastRecord option as per the previous post, if required.

Naith

Hi,

I do not want a new page to start everytime the job number changes. Your reply is of no use, in fact you have described how i should create the problem im having. But this is my fault as i did not explain myself properly, i do apologise (its been a long day).

Ive managed to sort it though, i had the "keep together" option ticked on my Group By properties window.

Thanks anyway.

Naith,

You were spot on so ill give you the star, although i did manage to suss it before your post. But the star is yours as it may help future searches on this question.

Thanks again.

Sorry, I thought that you were stating the New Page Before was ticked, the After was not.

Again, you never stated what you wanted, just what you didn't...

your post was fairly well defined, the best bet is just to post example data, and expected output, that leaves less to the imagination and future discovery.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back