Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Page Between Suppressed Subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

groasa

Technical User
Jun 14, 2001
US
I've done the whole rigamarole with the duplicated report and shared variable just to get my blank subreports to suppress. Now what I'd like to is get each subreport to start on a new page IF it is not blank. All my subreports are in the report footer.

There must be a way to do this. I think that with all that I went through just to get the subreport to suppress, my brain is totally non-functioning.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

You would use a shared variable (possibly the one you have to suppress the subreport) to conditionally add a "new page before" the subreport section. In Format Section you can set this conditionally.

How are you supressing your subreport? Chris
DFW Crystal User Group

Thanks for the jumpstart. After not thinking about it for awhile, I was able to get it to work. Well, mostly.

I'm using the workaround that Crystal gives on their support site. (The link is in the FAQ here)

It's using a duplicate subreport that has the shared variable and the object it self is tiny.

In the original subreport section, I'm using this formula to conditionally suppress:

Whileprintingrecords;
Shared BooleanVar Suppress = True

Then for the new page before:

Whileprintingrecords;
Shared BooleanVar Suppress = False

the problem now is that because there is a duplicate subreport in the section above, it prints a blank page before. And same if I put the formula in new page after it gives a blank page at the end.

I'm kinda thinking that because of the duplicate reports I won't be able to use the new page before or after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back