Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Page Before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2009
US
In a report I designed I have 4group levels, and for group level #3, I want there to be a new page every time there is a new group. In the Section Expert I have selected new page before under Group Header #3. There are a number of group headers (#3a,#3b, etc.) that are suppressed depending on what data is being grouped. This report has always worked perfectly, but for some reason today it had a fit! In one instance Group Header #3K and #3L are printing on the same page. Why would this be happening if I have New Page before checked off for this group level? Please help!!

Not knowing any specific details on what you are reporting, I would look into your suppression criteria for Group 3K and Group 3L. Apparently, there is some anamoly that is causing both to print.

Group 3I is suppressed when rptname <> "24m Income", and Group 3J is suppressed when rptname <> "60m Income"
batch.jpg

batch2.jpg

I do however have a Group Header 3A that is never suppressed and appears on the top of every page. I have run this report literally thousands of time and never had a problem. When I shrink the height of 3A the problem dissapears, but I would like to know why it happened in the first place!

You have to set "new page before" for EACH subsection of Group #3--GHa, GHb, etc., if you want each one on a separate page.

-LB

Well if I do that a blank page is put before each change of group #3

Remove the new page before on the higher order GH3.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back