Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new page after Parameter Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhp

MIS
Jul 30, 2002
US
Does anyone know how to ensure that each parameter starts on a new page?
In our case we have a parameter called region and if the user selects 'All Regions' it returns 4 regions but I want each to appear on there own page?
Any help appreciated!
- James

bhp

Use the section expert to define "New Page Before" on the group header your parameter prints.

That should work.

BurnsORegan

Should be able to use the Next() function to solve this.

Right-click the section, choose New Page Before and in the X+2 (criteria) enter the following ...

Code:
Next({field.name}) <> Previous({field.name})
[CODE]

Regards,

Patrick

Thats what I was going to do but the parameter only appears in the page header, which does not have "New page before"
Thanks - James

In the detail section, right click and select format section. Click on the X-2 button to the right of the "new page after" checkbox, and enter a formula:

Not OnLastRecord
Next({FieldName})<>{FieldName}

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I think you could group on {table.region} and then format the Group Footer with "New Page After" and in the x+2 area enter:

Not OnLastRecord

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back