Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New package "Spam" in repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2004
CH
suddenly i have a new package in the repository named "Spam", Version "1200.1200", Type "Spam". I dint't checked in a package manually, it came with the normal scheduled task. Anybody knows, what for this package is?

Same here. This is being replicated throughout my already complex structure. Does nayone know whats its for why it has been automatically installed.

Same here also [3eyes]

We run a pull task every 2 hours and last night the SPAM-package came in ...
Also, all our clients now have a file called SK_det.mcs in the directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Associates\Common Framework\Current\SPAM1000

My guess: this is for VirusScan 7.5 which will come out in a few weeks/months? VS7.5 has some more updating options and i guess this spam-update is one of them.

Strange that NAI doesn't mention this on their website ...

I've just had a word with network associates and they have said that every quarter applications are updated and new applications brought online. This month the SPAM package has been updated automatically and even uploaded even to their own servers. Unfortunately as as now there is now way to stop it uploading although i'm hoping that it can be removed from the repository manually. I'll let you know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back