Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New NPA won't work 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

letron

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2004
Hello to all, had a person state they could not dial the 254 area code, so I checked my NPA's and sure enough it wasn't there, so I added it as a new NPA and it accepted it with no errors, still can t dial it, getting reorder from switch, noticed this NPA and 253,255 are the only numbers missing??? Any help would be great, sorry on 1000E

Cheers,

Just tried a COT no problems yes i dial 91254 and the number, the NRS??? I did look but not really sure where to look, did not see a list of NPA's, I noticed that both Tlans have o11 for international and 1 for national, have no TDM sets

NRS resides on you signalling server has your routing for IP sets and trunks.

This one has me scrathing my head, I can't see how the digits 105 get into the Dialed number.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I was working on this with a very experienced tech, he couldn't figure it out either, as far as the 105 is concerned i see this often, not sure myself, as for the NRS i have worked with it, setup of Quintum Tenor Units, I just don t see anything relating to an individual NPA.

Is route 20 a LD PRI/T1, or a tie to another system?
Is it possible to build a test analog set if you have the hardware?

Are these phones off an SRG? that is the only time ive seen a code displayed before the dialed digits , then sent back down to SRG local trunks.

and a DMI table of corse but in this case is posted there are none.

I have a 1000e and if I do a trace it displays similar digits, although I cant give an exact explanation on what they are for I can say this is normal operation.

105 is on there ace for virtual call routing spns for sig servr (I assume, all mine are 101 as was class & ntp examples) I do get a diff xxx than 101 on ip to tdm on some calls, thought it was route/carrier tag type info....

Mato' Was'aka

The 105 is the TCOS information for the originating set. I be t if you look at the set programming, the NCOS on the set is 5.

You usually see this when you are using ESN5 signaling - like on virtual trunks. Don't worry about it. It is part of the signaling and is not being outpulsed as part of the dialed telephone number.

Then you are using NRS to get to your trunks. Are you familiar with element manager?
If so log on and find network routing service link, you have to have routing entries in there for voip trunks to work.

Figured it out, had to add 1254 to the Tlan not just the Elan, tested and works, thanks for everyones input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back