Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New non expandable "small office edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmurphy

Technical User
Nov 22, 2005
US
Anyone have any experience w/ this package deal? i am quoting one now for a customer and it sounds like a great deal (if they don't need to expand).
if anyone does experience w/ this, is the processor just an older r6 acs w/ no hole or bus connector on the back? has anyone opened the case to see if the bus connector is actually there or if its a totally new circuit board? knowing avaya they just covered the bus conntector and gave introduced it as new.
if anyone knows let me know! thanks

I've installed a few. Looks like a R6 to me, but can only have 3 lines 8 exts. Couldn't tell you if it's a new circuit board.

It is just a 308 processor with the same R6 software load. Avaya just leaves some of the components off of the circuit board that it needs to "see" the expansion modules.

Sounds like a great upscale home system to me, but for business, not so sure, if it can not expand. OK, maybe for a gas station.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

aarenot, yeah i definetly see your point and i agree. i think its going to be perfect for this cafe, there is no way that they will expand. besides if they ever do , i'll let them trade it in. thanks for all the responses guys!

Fine to let them trade it in, but then , how long will it sit in your garage?

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

I haven't seen one yet but I was told that you can remove a chip on the board to make it expandable. Not sure of the plastics but i know you can buy new ones for just about any card there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back