Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Miniflash how do i load ios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpo

Technical User
Jun 7, 2004
Hey people, all your help on this one is greatly appreciated.

Im fairly new to this cisco world and have run into a problem.

I have a Cisco 1750 which had no flash or system memory installed in it. Iv since install brand new miniflash and system memory modules into the unit.
I have the correct IOS image on my PC and have been searching around the net to find out how to install the image but all the information i find seems to suggest that i need to configure an IP address and then send the ios image to that.

So my problem is how do you install a new ios image on brand new flash memory which has no ios image on it already and there for unable to configure any ip adds.

Once again thank you very much for your help.

Andy.

You'll need console access first. With console access you can load the IOS image with Hyperterminal or some other console problem via "X-Modem". If you want more specific information regarding your model of router, go here:
That will walk you through the process.

"I can picture a world without war. A world without hate. A world without fear. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Thanks very much ill have a read

Cheers,

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back