Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Medpro...no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyx

MIS
Dec 3, 2003
US
Hello, we had a problem where we needed to replace a TN2602 MedPro board. Avaya came out and swapped out the boards.

The board came up and calls starting on it...but there was no audio on any calls. So we removed it and calls could start hearing audio again. What would cause that?

(We also have a TN2302 on the system and that is why I assume we could take calls again.)

what does the error report show? Did you test the board? Did it fail?

check the speed and duplex of the ethernet port, also check the firmware revision.

Mitch

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

One way would be with a "status media-processor board 01XYY" (where 01XYY is the port network/cabinet/slot of your TN2602)

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

To check port settings:

type 'get ethernet-options XYZZ'

get ethernet-options 3b11

GET ETHERNET OPTIONS

Administered Actual

Auto-Negotiate? n n
Speed: 100 Mbps 100 Mbps
Duplex: Full Full
Link Integrity: Active

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

yup, 98Convert is correct. The command I gave you will only show "connected", won't tell you the speed/duplex.

Mitch

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

can you ping from the medpro to the other endpoint involved in the calls that you are trying to make? Say if you IP phone was 10.2.2.10 can you ping ip 10.2.2.10 board 1a02. If 1a02 was your medpro board.

HW is 25. And the speed and duplex both look fine.

Did you replace a TN2602 with another TN2602? The latest firmware for a HW25 Crossfire board is FW52.

Kevin

have you checked you have it in the correct network region.

do a list ip-i med to see the medpro's and what region they are in

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

LOL...sorry guys, nothing crazy here. Just a bad board. DOA. Avaya came out with a new one and we are sitting pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back