Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Management Server - Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMEIF

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
GB
My company is due to Split with our partners, We both shared a same Management Server. Since we are planning on Splitting we will keep the existing Management Server for Checkpoint NG AI. We have few gateways that belong to Partner company.

What is the procedure for getting all this done, I mean I have been asked to rename NIC cards, IP Addresses, Reset SICs etc. Does Resetting SIC has to be done for every single Gateway and Hosts or just the Management Server. Please Advise as much as you can, Im losing my sleep over this.

SIC is established between the management server and the enforcement gateway/node. If you are keeping the management server, the other company that is removing the enforcement nodes would be more anxious to remove any access that the old management server has. You could simply delete them from the management server and remove them from all policies, as they will be getting a new management server to manage them no doubt, so it will their problem to set a new SIC between the new management server and the gateways.
or have I mis-understood what your trying to do?

Thanks for the speedy response.
It is also being implemented ona different network and I would ideally like to have a remote access to the Management Server as well.

I will get more information and post again ...

Since are slos changing the Ip addresses this clearly affects the licenses therefore I beleive we have to push the licences again.
Once this is done we need to start the Certificate Authority again and reset the SIC?????????????????

Any tips or procedures on this would be appreciated.

don't really understand what's happening, if you have a management server that is managing existing nodes that you are keeping, you will have the licenses for these nodes.

if you are setting up new nodes and using the existing manager to manage them, you need to setup the nodes with the management server's IP address and allow the CP ports from this obect to the FW.

then you need to add the new license to the management server with the IP address of the node as a target and then create SIC, if the management server and node are not in the same building make sure you have connectivity between them before trying to establish SIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back