Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuedge

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
US
Hi all,

When I get a new mail notification notes used to have a pop up to tell you. Now when I get a new mail the pop-up is still there it also switches application to notes. This is very annoying when I am typing in word and ive suddenly been switched to notes.

Im using notes 6.02 and have tried removing and reinstalling notes and I have also tried deleting all contents of the notes.ini file after the installtype= bit.

any help would be much appreciated

Why don't you check the user preferences - Mail preferences and see what is enabled in there ?

Pascal.

I have.

The show pop up is enabled. If I take it off then I am able to work in any other program without it automatically switching. Problem is I don't know I have mail. I need the pop up notification to be enabled but when I do it automatically switches again.

If you have your windows status bar always visible, I am not sure you need a popup since there is an icon in the icon bar.
Besides, if you have sound enabled you can always assign some sound file to alert you without using the popup.

Pascal.

Problem is that it's happening on a users PC who has no sound. The taskbar option isn't really something I want to do either. I was hoping that there was a way to fix it but maybe I shall have to use the taskbar notification.

Thanks for the help.

Use notes minder to notify you when you have mail. This does not switch applications.

Under user preferences, uncheck 'check subscription' under the startup Options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back