Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New mail delivery problem in XP Pro/Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksdadguy

Technical User
Mar 16, 2003
US
We have finally started introducing XP Pro into our school network, but one user is constantly having problems with Outlook. It seems others in the network (running Win2K Pro) send messages (not sure if they are using global distribution lists) but the one user does not get the new message(s) until they hit the Send/Receive button within Outlook.

Any ideas on what's going bump in the night?

Thanks,

KSDadGuy

What mail server are you running?

Assuming you're running exchange, have you set the outlook client to connect to an exchange server or as a POP3 account. Also, it might be worth checking the syncronisation settings or online/offline settings.

Also, i forgot to mention the XP firewall in the network settings. I've had that cause many problems in the past.

Thanks for the info. I changed the outlook client from Internet setting to Exchange server and it helped a little, so I will look at firewall and sync issues next.

KsDadGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back