Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new luns attached to aix 5.3 run cfgmgr very slow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexia32

Technical User
Jul 31, 2007
NZ
Hi,

I have a new lpar aix 5.3. I have just received new lunx SAN Hitachi. When I run cfgmr it took a while before It finished without error. But now when I tried to create a volume group it took a while etc... all action on those luns are very very long...
We have tried to allocate the luns to another lpar and it works fine...
Someone have on idea if the problem come from the fibers? or something else?

Thanks in advance,
Al

Do the other lpars share the same HBA ? If not,could be an issue with a hba otherwise ( or fibercable,or switchport )

rgds,

R.

Have you checked the errpt? Maybe something is getting logged in there.

I haven't used HDS, but if this was DS I would check to make sure I have the proper path control modules (sddpcm), and that all my paths are available.

Did the other machine you attached the luns to use the same type of hba and device drivers?

Hi,

I have checked the other lpars and it looks fine. There is no virtualisation it is dedicated lpars.

I have checked the firmware level and the errpt I have no errors.

So don;t know ... maybe the adapter or fiber ???

I'm lost still investigated...

Thanks for your help

aixperts,

in-an-ibm-frame of mostly aix 5.3 servers, i am considering one lpar to run aix 6.1. i got the aix 6.1 install CDs, but my master nim is running 5.3 and i don't have cd/dvd drive on a frame. as i can remember, your master should be higher than your client when considering NIM install.

any brilliant idea?

thnx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back