Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New LTO3 (external event caused rewind during writet) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mittun

Technical User
Sep 20, 2005
DK
Hi,

just replaced my IBM 3580 LTO2 with IBM 3580 LTO3. I'm running NB5.1MP6 on Win server 2003. After I updated to the new LTO3 I recieve an error when a scheduled job is running (external event caused rewind during wait).

If I run a backup for a test in runs ok.

Any suggestions?

André Mittun

how have you got your device set up? is it san attached or scsi? do you have any disk on the same bus?
what you have to be careful of, is making sure that any disk devices are on different bus to your tape drives, otherwise any scsi reset sent to a disk, will also go to your drive as well, making it rewind and potentially overwriting your data

Cheers
richs24

[yoda]

I have solved the problem. In the first place I used IBM drivers for the IBM 3580 LTO3, and this seems to have been the problem. Afterwards I changed to Symantec drivers and now everything is running smoothly,

;-)

André Mittun

Thanks for the update

Bob Stump
VERITAS
"Ain't it the truth? Ain't it the truth?" Bert Lahr, Wizard of Oz 1939

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back