Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Linksys QuickVPN client available soon 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmendes

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
Just thought I might let those of you who are interestd know that Linksys now has a beta version of their QuickVPN software version 1037. I have tested the beta and have confimmed that they have solved the Windows XP firewall problem the previous versions had. It now connectes fine with the firewall on. No tweaking required.

I do not know when they will release this to the public, but it should be soon.

I'd be interested as well! Although FYI, TheGreenBow VPN Client has been working great for us and is easy to configure.

For anyone interested, version 1.0.38 was released 2/15/2006

Steve

Excellent, the issue of it being unable to bypass the firewall was a major headache for us. We ended up using netgear routers and gateway to gateway connections at the remote workstations.

Carlsberg don't run I.T departments, but if they did they'd probably be more fun.

How do you download it? Finding anything on their website is horrible.

I don't have any trouble finding stuff, but I do have trouble posting the links because the way they are set up. If this works, you can find the download link here

I just tested it's functionality with the SP2 firewall problem & it works as it's supposed to. According to the release notes, it also can now use an alternate port 60443, so the router can forward port 443 to a web server (there's a discussion about this around here somewhere).

I think that I posted this in another thread, but for what it's worth, the previous version of the QuickVPN client will work with XP SP2 after applying the MS 889527 hotfix.

Steve

Thanks for the link! When they say firmware, I think of updating the RV082 hardware, not regular QuickVPN software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back