Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New line after Group footer with Multiple columns report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belpheghor

Programmer
Feb 19, 2008
BE
Hi all,

I'am kind of stuck with an issue.

I need to insert a new line after the end of a Group FooterX section in a multiple columns report.

Printing direction is set to Across then bottom. Option "Format groups with multiple columns" is also enabled.

I tried to create a formula in the group footer to insert a new line (CHR(13)&CHR(10)) but this doesn't work that much.

The aim is that the content my first column always begins with Group HeaderX. Please note that the amount of columns are variable but that I have sufficient space to put them if needed to a page in landscape.

Any idea would be welcome.

Thanks a lot

I've found this written by lbass:

"You can still use the multiple columns. You should have inserted a group on metal, so if you haven't, then do that now. Then create three formulas:

//{@reset} to be placed in the group header:whileprintingrecords;stringvar x := "";

//{@accum} to be placed in the detail section:whileprintingrecords;stringvar x;x := x + totext({table.value},1)+" ";

//{@display} to be placed in the group footer:whileprintingrecords;stringvar x;Drag the groupname into the group footer, add {@display} next to it. Then suppress the details and the group header, but leave the details section formatted to multiple columns and in the layout tab, make sure that you have checked "format groups with multiple columns". This will neaten up the display so that items are aligned, too.-LB

"

Problem is:

1) The concatenation of my strings exceeds 246 characters.
2) I'am not sure it could be used since the strucure of my report is the following:

GroupHeader1 : VehicleName
GroupHeader2 : empty
Detail : DepotName
GroupFooter2: ClientName+subtotal field (kg Ordered)
GroupFooter1: empty

So basically i want it displayed horizontally like this (for instance):

VehicleName1 DepotName1 ClientNameX ClientNameY DepotName2
VehicleName2 DepotName1 ClientNameY DepotName2

Please note that the length of the line is variable as well as the number of lines (vehicles)

Any idea i'm really stuck with this

What version of CR are you using?

I'am using 8.5 ... kind of getting old

Thanks for an answer...

Would it still be okay if each column lined up so for example the Vehicle names were in the column, and then Depot Name, Client NameX etc? if so can't you use a table to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back