Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New LCD Monitor Looks Bad 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

osika

Technical User
Jun 30, 2002
US
Hi, today I bought a Samsung SyncMaster 225BW widescreen monitor. I hooked it up to my Dell Workstation running windows xp professional. My video card is an ATI Radeon 9800 Series with 1 DVI and 1 Analog port. The card is inserted into an AGP slot and has 256mb DDR Memory.

I have tried hooking my monitor up to both analog and digital ports. The desktop looks fine, simple graphics look good, but when I bring up a photograph, it looks terrible. Green edges around figures.

I have the resolution set to 1280 x 768 and highest color quality at 32-bit. Any idea what's gone wrong. I bought it off the shelf at Best Buy, so I saw it there and images looked fine.

Thanks very much for your help.

Ryan

Yeah, I'm sure the photos I'm looking at are high quality. I've seen how nice the skin tones look, even on my old CRT, so I'm guessing that it must be the LCD monitor that's causing the problems. Thanks everyone for your help. I'm going to return the monitor today. I'll let you know if a new one gives me the same problem.

Thanks!

Okay, so I give up. The monitor went back to Best Buy. Now, I'm interested in doing a little more research before buying again. I'm looking for an LCD monitor that I can do graphics and editing on, so the image quality needs to be high. Any thoughts? Thanks again for all your help.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back