Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Laptop with VISTA. Need I say more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATI2ner

Technical User
Jan 15, 2007
US
I can not access the IP office 403 with CM 3.2.54.

I can ping it, it assigns me an IP address when set to DHCP, but will not allow me to see it to download a config.

Windows firewall is shut down, as is Nortons.

My assumption is that Vista has a port closed that I need opened, or some other "save my life" security issue.

Any help would be great.

I beleive they over did it on security to where Vista is pretty well useless. They over looked compatibilty.

"The lack of money is the root of all evil

You should be able to install Virtual PC 2007 and install XP pro then install the IP office manager. Run your old apps from virtual PC 2007 which is free. Vista is not letting you comunicate with the hardware correctly.

As I just posted in another thread, I have Office Manager 6.0.5.0 running on Vista Ultimate.

For me, I had a hard time "finding" the unit. I tracked it down to one of two things:

1) I have IPv6 turned on. I turned off IPv6 in my NIC control panel and restarted.

2) The "Discovery" range was not set correctly. I had to set my IP Search Criteria to just the class C network I was using. Do this:

File -> Preferences
Discovery Tab
In the "IP Search Criteria" section, I put the range in as:

192.168.3.1 - 192.168.3.254;

I also set the UDP Discovery broadcast address to 192.168.3.255.

Once I did these two steps, I was able to "discovery" my IPO.

Of course, I'm running version 6 of the IPO Mangager.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back