Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New job and new responsibilities with CallPilot Mini 150. A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewismug

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2016
US
I'm a server guy and have been for quite a while. I have played around with a large PBX in the past, but this is new to me. Just started at a small hospital as the only IT guy and we have a CallPilot Mini 150. Our phone service is through AT&T, and I am able to get into the CallPilot Mini and make changes. However, I am not able to see where I can set up a new line or move extensions from one office to another. The large PBX I played with before had a separate system to administer the lines. All we have here is the 150 hanging on the wall and I can access it by navigating to its IP address. Completely new to this side of things and I know some of you are probably thinking I'm a complete idiot. We used a program at my last job to get into the system to make line changes (Not mailbox changes), but I can't remember what the name of it was or if that's even an option here. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm completely lost. I'm fairly certain they have just called AT&T in the past to make changes, but I'd like to manage it myself if at all possible.

have you asked whom ever your phone system vendor is as to what type of system you have?
Are you even sure you have a system and not Hosted sets?
Callpilot is just voice mail.
Have you even looked at the phone to see what model or type or some name on it yet?

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

The only phone equipment we have is the CallPilot Mini 150 that's attached to the wall.

My phone is a Nortel T7316E, but most in the hospital are the smaller version of that phone.

Ok that is most likely on a Norstar system.
Callpilot 100/150 attaches to the phone system just like the phones via ports on the phone system.
or
Callpilot is abandoned and you are using the newer BCM - Business Communications Manager which has the voice mail built in.

It's odd to have only a Callpilot on the wall by itself, but not odd to be blind (lol)

Look harder for that system or unknown items on the network....all are same color as the Callpilot.

T7316e is the latest greatest considered a 16 button not including the top 8.
T7208 is an 8 button.

Once you determine what phone system and where depends how/interface you program it.

In the end best to call the vendor in to send a tech for "Admin Training" as you will not be trained on any forums.

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

if you dial FEATURE **266344 on your phone, does it ask for a password or a user ID?

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

It prompts for a password. I'll go take some photos of everything and post them.

Here are three photos. One shows everything on the wall that deals with the phone system. The other two are just close-ups of the equipment.

20161213_132033_y06fnc.jpg
20161213_132008_wt1tim.jpg
20161213_132015_njfbvi.jpg

I've also scanned my network several times looking for anything that even remotely points to a phone system, but have yet to find anything other than the CallPilot system.

LOL

The Callpilot is the itzy bitzy box with the blue Nortel Networks emblem on it.
Somebody obviously mislead you.

You have a Nortel Norstar system

1 X 0X32 MICS
1 X DT card (for PRI)
1 X Combo card (for expansion of modules and PRI clocking)
3 X 0X16 Station modules (for sets)
5 X ASM Modules - 8 port (for analog devices)

Cannot see to the right but there is more, at least 3 more devices on the wall.....could be ATA (more analog 1 port convertors) and maybe a RAD?

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

See what I mean. Definitely not a phone guy. One look at the photos and you knew what you were looking at. Would there be a web based gui for this system for changes or would I need to use a telnet type of program to access it and make changes?

All programing is done through a telset

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

That is correct. Do yourself a favor and hire someone to train you.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Thanks guys! No need to hire someone to train me. I've already gone in and made a whole heap of changes this morning after reading the programming manual. Much easier than I had it built up in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back