Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New issue with Office 365 Excel and vba forms 'flashing' and not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenNapper

Technical User
Mar 27, 2006
GB
All

I have been using some VBA code for a few years now and it's suddenly stopped working on multiple computers. Only connection seems to be an update to Windows or Excel 365, i.e. it worked on Friday and now isn't!

I have checked for 'Admin rights', i.e. right clicked on Excel.exe and run as Administrator. I have checked propeties and ensured macros can run, etc. I have verified that the 'ocx' is registered in registry.

At a bit if a loss - any thoughts?

Did you try brand new Excel, Alt-F11 create a new Form, and run it?
Does that work?

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

Andy

Many thanks for the response. While you replied I had identified that *was* working on Tuesday evening and recalled updates from MS were installed.

I have compared to a PC that WAS / IS working and the following security updates were installed in the interim:

• KB4494441
• KB4499728
• KB4489899
• KB4495590

I had un installed two of them then the 'remove updates' button seemed to dissapear to resorted to restore system restore from 14th May (before updates and issue.

KB updtes gone and all working!

Does anyone know how to flag this with Microsoft as I found tha a similiar issue occured with KB security updtaes back in 2014 and was resolved when users highlighted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back