Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New ISDN PRI - DID vs TIE for B-channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2002
US
Getting ready to set up a ISDN PRI to a new LD provider. They (MCI/Verizon Business) says they do DMS-250 / SL1 protocol. Should I set the B-channels up as DID or TIE trunks? Also, they don't know anything about the Rls setting that I will need.

you can leave the rls setting blank, if you get pri227 errors do a little research later... last one i interfaced to was rls 33 and that was the latest.. i usually use tie, either would work but i had to change some from did to tie on a dms-250 due to a rls problem... if you have other pri's in the switch it's not a problem, if it's the 1st one they have a few hidden prompts

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

First PRI in this switch, although I have other PRIs with local trunking in another switch. I fully expect to have issues, since I also tandem outgoing LD calls from the other switch.

I've seen some references to the possibility of needing a DMI table to change the calltypes from private to public.

if your showing private then in the rlb change that to public.. some carriers will not accept private

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

An update to our conversion to PRI trunks:

- Set up the new PRI as D250, no Rls number, and the trunk type as TIE

- Only major problem during cutover was needing to enable service messaging (ENL SERV x) in LD 96, else the trunks would go into MBSY.

- Major issues prior to conversion with the TMDI cards in the switch. Managed to cause XMI006 errors and once got the switch started rolling BUG5522 and TMDI108 messages trying to bring up the reprogrammed TMDI card the first time, requiring a INI of the switch. From Nortel's solution search, the TMDI108 message resolution is an INI. Also got the provider in to bring deplist up to current to fix the XMI006 error.

Otherwise, the span is working at this time. Now I have another switch to do the same thing to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back