Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New IPO 500 version 9.0.0.0 build 829 default password not working. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autox95

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2010
US
I have a customer that I'm a sub to that shipped an IPO to me for programing and install at a site. After starting it up I opened Manager and tried to log in to the Administrator account. The default password will not work. I tried the old pre 8.0 password also an it keeps telling me " Please check that the user details are correct." I broke the seal on the box myself so I know its new. Did Avaya change the passwords again?

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

Did you change the working mode to essential?
Then first thing to do is to reset the security settings.

No I didn't change anything. I can not log in to it to change a single thing.

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

oh and BTW it is in Basic.

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

My manager is 8.1 but if it needed a newer version of manager it should tell me it is incompatible. Not fail me on the log in.

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

I assume you've tried "Password" and "password" yes?
Have you tried logging into the security settings, or wiping them out?

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Yes I have tried both.

I'm not sure how to do that.

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

You're programming and installing a ip office, but you don't know how to change or erase security settings on it? How about dte?

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Im really not sure what your talking about. If I can't open the config I can't change anything.

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

Besides that I pulled the SD card and tried to open the config. My 8.1 manager isn't compatible. Im going to have to download thw latest version tomorrow.

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

You don't reset the security settings via the config, that's what he's talking about :)

Check secure communications (in preferences) is set to none or try R9 Manager - secure communications may be turned on in R8 Manager but the prompt to allow insecure communications does not appear

you need to upgrade your manager software to 9.0. You will not be able to open the config with 8.1.

You will 100% need to be at the 9.0 release of manager.

NTS Direct

frack'n hell. You answered your own question twice. Upgrade your manager.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back