Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEW!! iPECS-MG to replace the ipLDK systems.. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

doktor

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2003
DK
Hi all

IpLDK is end of life and I think this is the last quartal that LG will accept ipLDK orders. But however iPECS-MG is far more flexible than the LDK. It's very competitive and quite lower prices than LDK. Same configuration with MG is about 20-30% cheaper than LDK.

There is no more option boards like in LDK (CID, CPTU, DTMF receivers etc.), now it's all included with the main boards. MG also has LAN and 4 channels AAFBE/VOIM (you will need to chose between these two) integrated within the mainboard. Other plus is that it's compatible with all iPECS-LIK gateways and 8000 series IP phones, plus it got 1'st party TAPI licence integrated as a standard.

There is two options: MG-100 anf MG-300. MG-100 has a capacity of 200 ports (120 for extensions and 80 for trunks) and MG-300 424 ports (324 for extensions and arround 300 for trunks). You can max out the configuration eighter with analog, digital or IP extensions and analog, ISDN or IP/SIP trunks. It also supports standard SIP extensions with additional licence like in iPECS-LIK.

This is written by Mr. Ivo (pleskuk).

///doktor

We can share the docs for sales and technics. Just contact us.

///doktor

Ok, because iPECS-MG is about to be very hot product, few more updates and clarifications regarding system capacities.

1. As addition to the previous post, iPECS-MG 300 has a maximum capacity of 414 ports, of which 324 TDM/IP (analog, digital IP) extensions and 240 trunks. Maximum DECT is 192.

2. iPECS-MG 100 has a maximum capacity of 200 ports of which 12 for extension (IP/TDM) and 80 for trunks. It can host 96 DECTs.

DECT system is based on WTIB cards and of course GDC-400B and GDC-600B base stations can be used along with GDC-400H and GDC-450H dects. WIT-300HE and WIT-400H WiFi handsets are also supported.

iPECS-MG, like the old ipLDK is based on KSU's and based on the model you will need 2 for MG-100 and 3 for MG-300 to max out the configuration. The KSU's are rack mount ready (19") and got mount kit included in the package, but also it got neat holders for desk mounting. Each KSU has 6 slots, of which 5 are available for any module and 1 being reserved for the motherboard. The motherboard for both models got 12 integrated ports for 6 digital and 6 analog extensions, 1 RS232 port for maintenance, 1 USB port for database up/download, 1 door phone/relay, an alarm, paging and 1 external MOH source jack. It got 4 DSP channels for Auto Attendant or IP (you must chose between these two choices and the selection is made by software inside web admin) and 1st party TAPI. As I previously said CID, CPT, DTMF, ISDN clock, PLL and other signaling is included in the processor or in the main boards itself. No more need for additional hardware for signaling.

iPECS-MG 100 Capacities:

- A MG-100 with only 1 KSU can go up to 120 ports, of which 108 for extensions (DKTU-102, SLT-102)and 80 trunks (PRI-80, BRI-60, CO-60 and IP-80). This means total combination of every option mentioned could not go above 120 ports or above any individual maximum.
- MG-100 with 2 KSUs is maximum 200 ports of which 120 for extensions (DKTU-120, SLT-120) and 80 trunks (PRI-80, BRI-80, CO-80, IP-80).

With the iPECS-MG 300 you can install maximum 2 VMIB or AAIB modules as well as 3 WTIBs.

iPECS-MG 300 Capacities:

- A MG-300 with 1 KSU can go up to 138 ports, of which 108 for extensions (DKTU-102, SLT-102) and 120 for trunks (PRI-120, BRI-40, CO-60 and IP-120).
- A MG-300 with 2 KSUs can go up to 276 ports, of which 216 for extensions (DKTU-198, SLT-198) and 180 for trunks (PRI-180, BRI-88, CO-132 and IP-180).
- A MG-300 with 3 KSUs can go up to 414 ports, of which 324 for extensions (DKTU-294, SLT-294) and 240 for trunks (PRI-240, BRI-236, CO-204 and IP-240).

With the iPECS-MG 300 you can install maximum 2 VMIB or AAIB modules as well as 3 WTIBs.

Additional modules comes as:

- Analog extensions module (12 and 24 ports)
- Digital extensions module (12 and 24 ports)
These modules comes in two options. With RJ-45 connections for patch panel use or RJ-21 (amphenol 50 pin connector).
- Analog trunks modules (4, 8 and 12 ports)
- ISDN PRI cards 30 channels (E1/T1/EURO ISDN)
- ISDN BRI (BRIB2 - 4 channels S0/T0 switchable and BRIB 4 - 8 channels S0/T0 switchable)
- Voicemail module (VMIB, 8 channels 30 mins system greeting and 100 hours user messages)
- Auto attendant (AAIB, 8 channels 30 mins system greeting)
- DECT intefrace (WTIB, option for 4 and 8 base stations)
- VoIP modules (VOIB, option for 8 and 24 DSP channels)
- CMU (call metering module for LCOB 4,8,12)

iPECS-MG supports the standard DKTU series: LDP-7000, IP series LIP-7000 and LIP-8000 keysets. It is compatible with all iPECS-LIK gateways, it supports TNET (transparent networking with iPECS-LIK) as well as IP networking with other LG-Ericsson systems.

Well this would be all for at a glance overview.

Cheers,
Ivo

As for me ( Vendor) i would rather have an Ipecs 5 Than MG, For Starters what is the capacity of the IPLDK 60?. You rather run Ipecs 50 on the smaller port systems and Ipecs 600 and 1200 on the larger systems. I believe the Ipecs can also run more TDM or analogue extension than the MG does.

I think Ipecs is just a short Gap measure for now on the LG Ericsson Platform. I could Have more extension ports up to 520 on the LDK 300e series but the MG has less. i appreciate the rack mount feature and all other features which are coming standard, and a lower pricing because its samll.

Dial Tone shoul be There

Hi Chamvari,

I agree about the total extensions, but that's how LGE made it. However as I said there are much advantages over ipLDK. For an example combination with iPECS-LIK gateways, maxing out the capacity with IP extensions, TNET etc.

iPECS-LIK 600/1200 can run more TDM extensions, but it would cost you x5 at least over MG. iPECS-LIK is not ment to run TDM exclusively. It is pure IP solution and TDM should be considered as an option.

So i strongly recommend iPECS-MG if you need TDM platform withing iPECS-MG capacity.

One more thing, there is iPECS-LIK 5.5 launching. It is in test mode and it should be quite more advanced that phase 5. For example it will offer full compatibility with Microsoft OCS. Dual forking would work smoothly. I hope I'll get the firmware soon and I look forward discussing the new phase :)

Cheers,
Ivo

In that case what solution would i recommend for 600 Tdm extensions which is cost effective on the LG platform

Dial Tone shoul be There

Chamvari, it is a good question!

I can not but admit that I've been asking myself the same question when I was first introduced with iPECS-MG. My question was pretty much the same. When you are introducing a new portfolio of products and it's up to replace an old one, at least you could do is keep the capacity same or maybe lift it up a bit.

It's obvious you can't go up to 600 extensions with a single iPECS-MG box as I already posted in my previous explanation.

However I came to a conclusion (correct me if I'm wrong) that it's not always what we (IT) people want. When you throw a look at the LGE portfolio you could see that they are concentrating more on their IP platform (iPECS-LIK)and you were correct to some extent when you said you prefer iPECS-LIK instead, as it is more flexible and definitely LG-Ericsson's efforts are aimed at this platform.

As our industry changes and gets more and more advances, IP is the point we should concentrate our efforts to. Of course TDM is still present and it would be for a long time, bit I'm damn sure that Koreans did their homework when they made this decision. For sure they were driven by their concrete numbers and calculations.

For example, I'm with LG Telephony for about 3 years (not long at all) and highest number of TDM ports I have installed on a single system were about 300.

For you specific case an iPECS-LIK 1200 would do the job as you need 600 extensions. iPECS-LIK 600 supports 600 extensions as a maximum configuration but don't forget that the maximum channel number for this system is 600. You can also network two iPECS-MG 300 to a single system.

Also one more information. LGE is launching iPECS-LIK phase 5.5 and is due for testing. It would offer full integration with Microsoft OCS (dual forking) and some other features I would be happy to discuss.

Cheers,
Ivo

A star * or more *** for your good discussion, Ivo

///doktor

Thanks Doktor :)

Even though this is an IT forum where we are supposed to discuss technical matters mostly, I thought it would be a good idea to make a point how things are really going in the real marketing and sales world which has direct influence on us too.

We are working in a very dynamic business and at the end of the day it's not most important whether your box supports 10 or 20 IP telephones more or whether you have more voice mail minutes bundled in your system than the competition.

I'm not aware whats yours position in the companies you work for (or own), by beside just technical matters, installations and integration, I'm doing mostly pre-sales activities for a larger spectrum of vendors and products, and let me tell you,

1. Know your products (Beside technical details, know your key selling points and find/make/invent a way that makes you unique);
2. Concentrate on what you really have (don't wander around with questions and thoughts why competition has more of this and that);
3. Do the work!

That's the way to success :)

Yes, you are perfectly right.
Quality never goes out of style.

///doktor

Thanks guys thats a good insight our our excellent product

Dial Tone shoul be There

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back