Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New IP406 V2 VoIP line not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunelson

MIS
Sep 29, 2004
US
I have a setup with a centralized Voicemail server on-site with an IP406. Several satellite systems (IP403s and IP406v2s) connect to this via Small Community Networking for internal calls and voicemail. I just set up a new IP406v2 (v 3.0(40), like another IP406v2 which works) and when I try to call into Voicemail with *17, I get no sound at all. Call Status shows the call is immediately held and I can never get it to work. Calls to other extensions don't work either.

I set it up identically to another IP406v2 which does work at another site. The network between them and the central site is a little different -- the one that works is on frame relay and the one that doesn't is on VPN. I don't know if that has something to do with it, if it's licensing, or what.

Thanks for the help.

Anyone have any clues before I just upgrade all my systems to the latest release before trying to get support from Avaya?

Is the Frame Relay circuit using IP Office WAN ports or the WAN3? I'm sure you have the VPN just connected into the LAN.

If this is the case, you don't set them up in the same way. A VPN connection (which I expect you have done with routers) is basically a tunnel between the LANs. All you need to do is setup the routes in IP Office correctly, program shortcodes for groups etc (no need for extns with SCN), and ensure you have the correct voicemail options ticked in the system settings (eg Line if it;s going to head office). You don't need to setup extra users and services because you're not using IP Office WAN features.

This is stating the obvious a little, but do you have a working VCM card in this IP Office?

Finally, I have just posted some replies on here to a thread called "New Network" which has all the details you need to setup a LAN-LAN connection via VPN.

As I point out on this other post, make sure all of your numbers are unique if you're using SCN.

Thanks for the info.

The frame relay sites are actually connected by Cisco routers, so the IP Office still essentially uses the LAN. I have a default IP route set on each one, and all subnets at every site can ping all the other IP Office units. All the extension numbers and user names are also unique.

I guess the last thing to do is ensure the VCM card works -- I guess if I'm absolutely positive everything's set up the same on this system as it is on the identical system at another site, it has to be a hardware problem, right? Is there something to check for in Monitor or somewhere else that'd tell me whether the VCM card is working properly?

See if SCN is working, this will isolate the VCM cards

Working in what way? I can dial extensions on other systems, and it'll pop up the user names, but it won't ring on the other end. Going from the other systems back to the new one, it'll ring, but no sound will be transmitted.

They're both Sonicwall devices -- one is a TZ170 at the remote end, and at the main site is a Pro 3060.

I just ran into almost exact situation.... I am running 3.0.44.. Make sure on the VoIP line you only have Allow Direct media Path and Voice networking checked.. If you have fast start enabled.. turn it off.
I also had the software version issue on the firewall the customer was using.. Netscreen Version 5.0.0 didn't support Avaya's H323 protical.. Had to upgrade that also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back