Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New IP Office design ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mode1

Programmer
Mar 4, 2008
US
Designing a new scn between 3 sites. Site A will have 16 digital phones, 6 port vm pro and a PRI. Site B will have 20 digital phones and Site C will have 16 digital phones. Sites B and C will make and receive calls from site A. Would this be the correct setup. Site A 32 VCM and 8 voice networking. Site B 20 VCM and 12 voice networking. Site C 32 VCM and 8 voice networking. Customer will answer calls during the day.
Thanks in advance

Hi
The biggest problem I see with this is regarding the networking licenses:
The way Networking licenses allow calls is - 8 Networking licenses allow 8 outbound calls, 12 allows 12 etc.
The TOTAL calls you could have between A & B for instance could be 20, but only 8 outbound calls from site A.
I am sure this will cause you a problem if they (Site A) are taking and transferring all calls in the solution as they can only make those 8 outbound calls (including transferred incoming calls of course)

Make sure you allow enough channels when you create your H.323 lines between sites

How many channels of ISDN?

Technolgy - The Mother of Frustration

I failed to mention that I will have a mpls connection between sites and passing incoming calls for each site through to the site. I will have a 24 channel PRI. My understanding is that site A's voice networking licence would only be used for intercom or transferred calls to other sites. Site A would would not need voice networking for outbound calls as the PRI is located here. Site B and C would need the voice networking license for outbound, intercom and transferred calls to other sites as the PRI is located at site A.

You will need voice networking licenses on Site A for inbound calls to Site B and C.

Since they don't have local trunks is there a reason not to use IP Phones on site B and C?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Wiring issues. Most computers are on a wifi network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back