Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New IOS on 2900 xl

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirro

Technical User
May 9, 2005
Hello!
I'm using an WS-C29294C-XL-A.
When I upgraded IOS to 12.0(5)WC13 it became strange.
It takes several minutes for linking, and sometimes it fails.
(sereval minutes before the led turns orange, then I have to wait for it to turn green)
When i unplug my cable (after a successfull link) the led remains green. Strange.
What is wrong?

//Pirro

Typically you should revert back to your original IOS if a new IOS is causing issues like this. I'd do that or select a different image that has a respectable low number of bugs as identified on Cisco's Bug Toolkit.

Don't know of any issue with that version , we have it all over with no known problems . Do you still have the full config that you before the upgrade ? It should take at most 50 seconds for a port to link if you have portfast turned off , it should go green with 5 seconds with portfast turned on . Did you put the correct image on . This isn't a 4 meg 2924 is it ?

How do I figure out if it is a 4meg?
I think I got the right image, but I dont know :(

Do a show version it should look like below . It should read 8192/1024k bytes of memory , if its an old one it will read 4096 in there .

cisco WS-C2924C-XL (PowerPC403GA) processor (revision 0x11) with 8192K/1024K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FAA0313H0P5, with hardware revision 0x01
Last reset from power-on

Processor is running Enterprise Edition Software
Cluster command switch capable
Cluster member switch capable
24 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

32K bytes of flash-simulated non-volatile configuration memory.
Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:D0:BB:D4:F1:40
Motherboard assembly number: 73-3381-04
Power supply part number: 34-0834-01
Motherboard serial number: FAA03119CAA
Model revision number: A0
Model number: WS-C2924C-XL-EN
System serial number: FAA0313H0P5
Configuration register is 0xF

It was 8192K :)
Now the switch is working, I used "reset" in recovery-mode.

Thanks anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back