Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

swaroop

Programmer
Feb 4, 2001
US
Hi All,

I installed linux and have aproblem connecting to internet. I am serching for the documentation over net I did not happen to find one. Please suggest me to find documentation over net.

Regards,

Swaroop.

What type of a connection are you using?

Dialup, cable, dsl, T-1, etc.

Mark

Kozusnik,

Thankyou for the responce. I am using NetGare wireless router connected to by RJ45 cable. My wireless router have 4 RJ45 ports.

Regards,

Swaroop.

does the router see the network? (Check the lights on the router) If you are plugged into the router it should be supplying an IP if you have DHCP enabled. What info do you get if you type "ifconfig -a" ?

The answer is "42"

I am connected my windows with wireless router. When I connected RJ45 to router the port 2 is lighted.

When I give ifconfig -a I got an A4 size text info with headings

eth0

inet addr 192.168.0.1 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

etc....

lo

sit0

When you do ipconfig from Windoze, do you get a similar ip scheme?

Is this a new router?

Is it configured to only allow 1 address? Usually the first address is reserved for the router itself. Mine is 192.168.1.1.

Mark

Kozusnik,

I donot have windows on that system. So I don't know what is the I.P. I'll find the output of ipconfig on windows connected on other mc. I dont have login on that mc now. I'll let you know by another 2 hours.

Regards,

Swaroop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back