Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDW1969

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2002
US
I am getting ready install Galaxy Express, does anyone know of any pitfalls I should be conserned about? I am installing on Windows 2000 and exchange 2000. Thanks to all for any insight.

Hi BDW.

not pitfalls at all!.

But with CV express you have to use the license key, which resides on the install cd!!!

for exchange, you must create a user+mailbox which has enough right to read and wright in every mailbox.

use the Proman.exe utiluty if you having problems with making the profile

Anybody know how one would get a eval copy of comvault.

No, but I will say the initial install went very well. When it came time for the exchange piece, It told me that I didn't have the proper license. When I tried to call CommVault it whas been nothing but trouble and still isn't installed.

Hi Steveot

Just contact CommVault & they'll either put you in touch with a reseller or send you the cd's

Tried that and have had nothing but trouble, finally told them to give me my money back, still witing on that as well.

Are you in the UK...if you are then I could get it sorted for you no problem.

BDW,

What was the problem with the eschange piece? Can you post it here?

When I started the install process, I was told that I did not have the proper license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back