Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Install W2k Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold1s

Technical User
Mar 14, 2002
US
New install of w2k server hangs at setting up hardware screen. I have no zip or jazz drives attached. I also removed extra video card and install still hangs up....what could it be?

It seems like I have tried everything to get W2k Server installed on this box. I have no cards installed and it still hangs up every time I reboot it goes through the same process. I need some help cuz I am loosing my mind

Have you tried safemode or the recovery console.
MS article Q202485

All I get is the same lockup even in safemode.

what kind of machine is it?? Branded??

Since you took all extra cards out already, try reset the BIOS....

it is a hp box(glorified pc) single drive. I tried resetting the bios and it continues to give me headaches. The only thing that is left connect is video,mouse,keyboard which is all built in..............arggggg

Did you try running the compactibility check??

Also, see if there is a BIOS update for your HP box.

BTW, how many video output does your video card has??

one onboard video and one pci,but the pci is removed

Usually this is a driver issue, thats the only time I have seen a W2k box hang...

How do I correct the problem if it is a driver issue. The install has never completed.

I have the same problem. Built a machine, and when you install an OS, it gets almost done then fails. Tried installing W2K Server first, the pro, then win98, and finally win 95. Have replaced ALL hardware from the motherboard up. Basically a different machine, but the same problem. Installation just fails. Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
gjohn76351@msn.com

"It is never too late to learn what is always necessary to know."
Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4 BC - 65AD) Roman philosopher, statesman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back