Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Install S8800's G450

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappy0724

Technical User
Jul 22, 2009
US
G450 is in place of IPSI license file created against serial number of G450, Original problem Server2 on line gateway would register when a interchange was preformed
and Server1 now on line the gateway would not register, eventually the server when opening the license file would indicated serial number mismatch however the gateway was still registered when Server 2 was on line. Reloaded Server 1 and added all ip's did a status summary again and now gateway registered to it. Interchanged server's and now server 2 won't register to the gateway. After a period of time the system goes into license error however server 1 being on line the gateway is still registered. Meanwhile
I added a LSP to the system at a remote site it registered just fine did a interchange and it continued to be registered. Any Ideas.

Did you configure your S8800 for PE? What was the configuration on your MGC list? What about the timers?

S8800 were configured for PE the MGC list is configured for
10.203.2.133 which is the active server IP. this information shows correctly when the Gateway's register. Not
sure about timers, what needs set there? The interesting thing is I just Implemented and cutover another system using
G650's and IPSI's and didn't enable the PE, or any timers and everything is working fine. The control network and Corp
and the PE are all on ETH 2.I really don't thing the PE is needed the Gateway's should register just fine to the actice server.

I think you just mis configured the timers, thats why its not working. Have you enabled the "ip license-server" command on the CLI of the G450? I will post my configuration tomorrow.

G450 is set for ip license-server, It will register to one of the server's. If G450 is registered you can ping both
ip's of the server's and the alias active ip. when gateway
is not registered you can only ping the server's ip not the alias active ip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back