Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New install no OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwaalen

MIS
Oct 11, 2002
US
I have a PC with a fresh install of XP Pro sp1 at home office. No patches have been installed but running IE 6 sp1.
I am unable to access OWA at home with this system but when I use a W2K machine I can connect. I am able to get first logon screen to OWA with the XP pc and that username and password works. But then I get another logon screen, which is a little different. The same username and password will not work with that logon screen.
Any ideas??????
Much appreciated

Thanks

You have to enter your domain name on the XP machine as domainname\username on the username line, and the password on the password line.

Thanks for the reply

I've done that at the first logon screen which it appears to work. Then I get a second logon screen which is different and I put the same domain\username in and no result. It keeps asking for username and password.

I have had issues with slowness for OWA on XP machines but not what your seeing, and I dont have to put in the domain on any of my systems (various sites) but it does take 5-10 minutes to completely bring up the email.

that slowness has me stumped, i generally terminal in to the server and use the browser while on the server to go to owa much faster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back