Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new guy maybe a dumb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jkellyvota

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2016
US
Hey everyone new guy here hoping to get a little help at a school.

They have a simplex 5100 paging system throughout the whole school.

The way the paging works now is if you go off hook on an analog handset and punch in some code I think its #10 you can page all.
They also have a microphone with a flash button that just goes off hook and pages everything.

I'm trying to get an ip office in 9.1.7 to talk to this simplex unit.
Creating a normal page group doesn't seem to work.
Wmta-1 didn't seem to work.
Creating an analog extension and calling it didn't seem to work.

So I'm wondering if I can create a bridged appearance with a digital station and the analog station to pick up on the old paging system.
Or if I should just replace the tower mic connection with a page port and see if that works.

Not required but they are able to call back through the speakers in the class room so I'd like to have the analog extension and then forward that to reception so it can work both ways. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Should just be able to connect it to an analog trunk port with it's own out going group. That is the way most school intercoms work. Then make a line appearance button on the phones that needs to page. Or create a short code to use that line group.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Not a problem. [wink]

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back