Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Groupwise Users cannot connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtacoach

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2003
US
I am new to Netware and Groupwise. Running GW 6 and NW 6 sp2. I recently have added several new NDS users and added them as Groupwise users as well. However, when these new users try to get in Groupwise it tells them "user not found." I can put in an older users information and get in fine.

I check Novell's site for help, and found a TID that said to rebuild the PO datbase. I did that and they still can't get in. I have checked the setup on the users and compared to the ones already setup. No differences. I ran GWcheck and rebuild the database there. Nothing.

Any suggestions?

In Console One, when you go to the users GroupWise tab in properties, the sixth line down is the FIle ID, is there anything there?

Yes, both new users have a 3 character file ID.

One more item to add. Both the new users have a 3 character ID listed in consoleone. However, on searching this farther, I did a search on the file id's and they do not appear with the existing users-or anywhere for that matter. It seems the files were not created at all.

Since the mail accounts have never been use, try deleting the groupWise account, and just the groupwise account, then recreate it.

There are other ways, just these are new accounts and this is the easiest.

I deleted just the Groupwise Account and recreated it. User shows up fine in Consoleone, but can not connect to the mailbox. The user also does not show up in the address book.

did you recreate the groupwise account?

also, do a sync of the po once the user mailbox is created

Not to add confusion, but I'm having a similar problem. GW 5.5 EP, on NW5.1, SP5...existing users are working fine, then all of a sudden, they can't access their mailbox (get 'user not found'). Send them a test message, it gets returned with a D101 error. So I do a Structure/index check, and a contents check, then synchronize their mailbox, then synchronize the PO, and voila! they can log in again. Has happened three times in the last two days, so I'm getting suspicious of the postoffice. I dont mean to but-in to your problem, but if anyone has any insight, I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back