Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New FTP lib

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpirzada

Programmer
Sep 26, 2003
US
Hi All,

Does anybody have any idea which is the latest TCL FTP lib? I am currently using TCL FTP Library Package 1.2 with TCL 8.2. Someone mention somewhere in the forum 2.3.1 but I cannot find this version anywhere.

SO I need to know which one is the latest FTP lib that I can use with TCL 8.2?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Mo

The ftp package is part of tcllib, the Standard Tcl Library. For more information, check out the Tcl'ers Wiki ( starting with the page "Tcllib," It has instructions for obtaining tcllib. Actually, the easiest way of getting it, if you're on one of the supported platforms, is to download ActiveState's free ActiveTcl distribution, which also includes several other useful extensions. See "ActiveTcl," and the ActiveState web pages for it, starting with
- Ken Jones, President, ken@avia-training.com
Avia Training and Consulting, 866-TCL-HELP (866-825-4357) US Toll free
415-643-8692 Voice
415-643-8697 Fax

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I did found the latest version of FTP package that comes in TCLLIB.

Does tcllib1.4 workd fine with TCL8.2? Also I cannot find any information of using make to compile tcl. The information most of it require Visuall C++ or cygwin tools. Is it possible to use make install without installing the above?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back