Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new engine 4400

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsavy

Technical User
Nov 6, 2003
CH
I've seen I new engine is available for download, and a package for ePO (Epo doens't get it automatically with the repository pull).

Does someone here has already update to this engine ? Any issue ?

Thanks

You can download the 4400 superdat and pull in into the repository. This will probably require machines to reboot because it is a engine superdat package not the engine EPO package. THey will release the automatic update sometime in December.

I've manually downloaded the SuperDAT package for the 4400 scan engine. Installed it on VSE 7.1 without any issues and no reboot required. On three PCs (1 was a server) running VSE 8.0i, I was prompted to reboot the PCs to complete the update.

Important Information.
The 4400 Engine Package For Use with McAfee AutoUpdate Architect & ePO 3.x has been removed from the update site due to potential compatibility issues with the DAT updating mechanism. McAfee will release a revised update package for use with McAfee AutoUpdate Architect & ePO 3.x by Wednesday 17th November.

For further information please see article: KB39191

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back