Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New DLT tape drive does not start 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazqn

Technical User
May 8, 2000
US
Installed a Quantum VS80 tape drive to replace a Quantum DLT 4000 which went south (supposedly the DLT 4000 & VS80 are compatible). However, when I look into Tape Devices, it states "Driver not loaded". But, under Drivers tab, the driver is loaded but states "Not started". Have rebooted the server without the tape drive attached and rebooted it attaching the tape drive and reinstalled the driver. Still the same situation as stated above.

Under the SCSI Adapters, the tape drive is seen.

In looking under the Devices in Control Panel, it seems like a lot of the devices are disabled. If I should start here, which device should I enable? Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks Jump1ng for your input. I did go to that website. However, the driver does not seem to work on my server. Finally got through to the server site and was able to download a driver that would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back