Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new dlt device

Status
Not open for further replies.

poochie

Technical User
Dec 8, 2000
GB
I have got a new DLT Device. How can I configue/connect it with ArcServe 6.61. Please note that there is already one Dlt unit configured/connected and working with ArcServe. I just want to find out the steps to take to connect the other one.
Platform Win NT 4 SP5
Cheers 14:51 hrs

The first thing you go to do is to have it hooked up hardwarewise correctly. If you are connecting this DLT in daisy chain with your existing DLT, keep in mind about SCSI ID´s (different ID´s for each device). There is a maximum of two DLT 7000 tape drives per SCSI channel.
When you first start your server look for the SCSI Host adapter message telling you that the device has been detected and the appropiate ID is shown on the screen.
Then after the operating system is up, make sure that the OS has recognized the Host Adapter and all the drives attached to it (2 in your case). Please remember that the last scsi device in the daisy chain is the one that gets the terminator.
Arcserve IT 6.61 will recognize the device, just to make sure go to devices and look under the host adapter you should see both drives.
This should do it.
Good Luck
Carlos Alberto Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back