Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Distribution Point - Server Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerhardR

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2005
AT
Hi!

I created two new distribution points for our two locations. The one DP works fine - but for the other I receive alwas this messages: "The program for advertisement "RB1202C8 has not yet started because the content for the package "RB100059" - "ABCD" (version 1) has not been acquired. Possible cause: The content for this program must be downloaded into the computer’s cache, or the content could not be located.
Solution: If the program is being downloaded, no action is required. The program will start once the download has been successfully completed. If the content can not be located, ensure that a distribution point with this content is available for this computer."

The boundaries should be ok - what can be wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Gerhard

Hi,

In the Primary Site Site Properties I've our three AD Sites set in the Site Boundaries Tab.
The Roaming Boundaries Tab also includes the three AD Sites - Column "Distribution Point" is set to Local for each Site.
And in "Site Systems" there are the three DP defined - each as a protected DP based on the AD Site.

Shot in the dark....the named sites deffinately have the correct address in them yeah? and are linked to the correct servers. Running out of ideas.

Neil J Cotton
UCLan Ba-SYS Development and Project Manager
NJC Technical Productions
Software Development | Network Consultancy | Wireless Network Provissions
Member of the IETF CAPWAP Work Group

yes - the sites are deffinately correct. if I have a solution (and I will sometimes) I post what went wrong so far...

IT WORKED!

Today I changed in the Primary Site Site Properties/Roaming Boundaries Tab the AD Sites. ->
Column "Distribution Point" from remote to local for each AD-Site. No it works fine! :)

Thank you all for your help!

Glad that worked...I was drying up in the ideas lake.

Neil J Cotton
UCLan Ba-SYS Development and Project Manager
NJC Technical Productions
Software Development | Network Consultancy | Wireless Network Provissions
Member of the IETF CAPWAP Work Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back