Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Discover cc prefix

Status
Not open for further replies.

richmondefe

Technical User
Mar 10, 2011
US
They just started the new Discover cc prefixes ...where do you add such info so I know longer get invalid card prefix?

Thanks
Jefe

I will add in my payment settings it is set to the number 6 ..the new card is 6555 ...but it gives me an invalid prefix

If you are running cards through a POS system, what software is it?

You can set the tender type to only validate the first number or none at all in tender maintenance.

Nope was only on verifying 6
cleared it to nothing still not accepting 6555 prefix which is the new one I'm trying to test?

Have you tried to run it straight from the back office to take the terminals validating out of the loop. If it won't process from the edc program you will have to call your processor

I pretty sure its not the processor the instant i press okay it goes to invalid prefix...I called them and they think its aloha

I did try back of house auth it came back processor not configured ...My processor is looking into it...

Please keep us posted on anything you find out here.

If it is strictly a cc processor issue that is handled on their end that will be a relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back